Bio-Product of the Day [23/06/2020]
–First drug of Ebola virus.
-Developed by Mapp Biopharmaceutical, Inc. and LeafBio, Inc.(San Diego, CA, USA), Defyrus Inc. (Toronto, Canada), the U.S. government and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
– First used on humans during the West Africa Ebola virus outbreak(2014).
– FDA approved and granted it fast track status.
– Produced by Recombinant DNA
-Developed in the tobacco plant Nicotiana benthamiana.
-So it is categorized in the plantibody(plant derived antibody).
– It is a drug cocktail of three humanized monoclonal antibodies(MAbs; c2G4, c4G7, and c13C6).
-ZMapp binds to three different epitopes on Ebola surface glycoprotein (GP).
1. Tran EE, Nelson EA, Bonagiri P, et al. Mapping of Ebolavirus Neutralization by Monoclonal Antibodies in the ZMapp Cocktail Using Cryo-Electron Tomography and Studies of Cellular Entry. J Virol. 2016;90(17):7618-7627. Published 2016 Aug 12. doi:10.1128/JVI.00406-16
2. “ZMapp™ is Granted Fast Track Status by the FDA”, September 17, 2015 – SAN DIEGO, url- https://mappbio.com/zmapp-is-granted-fast-track-status-by-the-fda/